I know it has taken a month to get back on here...but school is now out so hopefully I can be better about keeping you updated!
adoption craziness...
well, obviously we are not going to Russia. Although I was a bit let down by the news, at least we still have options.
A lot of people have asked what we will do next, and the truth is, we do not really know, but Ill fill you in on where we are now.
Just today I had 2 very good phone calls. The first one was from Bethany Christian Services. This is the agency that we have been working with to go to Russia. This time, though, I talked to the lady who is a domestic case worker. She was great. I talked to her for an entire hour! We have the option of rolling over our paperwork into an infant adoption program. We are going to finish the home study with them so we have it done, we only have one meeting left from before that was not completed, then we will decide if we want to
pursue the rest of the program. For now though, the
home study is our main focus, with them. If we do not get it done soon, stuff will start to expire, like our medical evaluations, and we do not want to have to complete those things again!
phone call #2 was from Social Services...Its amazing, they called me back!
Haha ... for those of you who know, they are hard to get a hold of! Anyways, the lady I talked to was WONDERFUL. She was super sweet and really answered
alot of questions. See, ideally, Ryan and I would really like to adopt someone from our area who is
already in need of a home. In order for us to do that, we have to, most likely, Foster to Adopt. This really frightened us at the beginning, but the more we find out, the more I think it might be for us. What better way to help out children than to give them a home.
And hopefully,
someone will need one
permanently. For this process, we have to complete a
separate home study for "foster-
to adopt" parents. I was told by the worker this is "cake." We are hoping to get some paper work done tomorrow so that we can get the ball rolling. Why not?!
So there we are...after several months of waiting, now we have two directions to
pursue at one time. I am just appreciative of the nice people who I talked to today. They make things like this so much easier!
Say a prayer for us... something will work out one day! For the time being, we are gearing up for the beach. CANT WAIT...
More later!