Today was a strange one- but I will cut to the chase.
I was working today in Louisa County, about an hour from my house. I was actually early, and sat enjoyed a nice conversation with the lady I was meeting. For what ever reason, she asked me about my son and some how it came up that he is adopted. She started gawking... people always have weird, different, uncomfortable reactions when I tell them that. I do not make a habit out of sharing Tristan's adoption story, not because we are ashamed or anything of the sort, but because I do not want his identity to be in his adoption. I don't want him known as the adopted kid or anything crazy like that. He is our son. Period.
So anyways, back to the story, this lady precedes to tell me that her close friend's granddaughter is pregnant, 17, and considering an abortion. She already has a 1 year old. Oh, Jesus. (I was literally talking to him.) I started crying. She started crying. This is why I am against abortion. Perfectly healthy mother, perfectly healthy baby, just born out of inconvenience. That baby may be killed because the mother doesn't want to chase another one around. Seriously? My heart is so broken. I would give ANYTHING (other than my family) to save that child. I would do anything possible to give that baby life, including raising him, loving him, and making him feel wanted. There are people who would line up at that girl's door waiting for that baby; Ladies who can and ladies who can not birth children. That child is wanted and needed in this world, even if it is not by the girl who is carrying him. Oh, how my heart is broken. I can not ever begin to describe to some one who has had children, when and how they planned them out- (meaning, let's get pregnant honey, ok, boom 9 months later the baby pops out. ) what is it like to be so torn.
Tristan wants a baby sister for Christmas!? He keeps telling me Jesus is going to bring him one. You know what? I believe him. I believe when you pray so earnestly for something, Jesus will answer your prayer. It may not look like we want it to, but maybe that 17 year old is carrying Tristan's sister. Who knows?
I realize I just rambled- and I am using terrible grammar and punctuation. I don't care. Tonight my heart is just crying out for LIFE for that precious child who deserves to live. I pray for that young girl to realize she is carrying a BABY and whether she can care for him/her or not, someone else can, and wants to. I also pray tonight for my son, who so desperately wants to have a baby sister, (in his words "the little kind") that Jesus will answer his prayer, for all of us. I also pray for the women out there who feel so alone because they do not know what to do next, and they feel trapped with a pregnancy, that someone will reach out to them and guide them.
Once again I am left thanking the Lord for my son, whose birth mother chose to give him life. I will forever be thankful and grateful to that very selfless lady. She is amazing.
The end to this story? I was walking out of this ladies house, selling her insurance none-the-less, and she grabbed me, hugged me, and prayed for me. I was so shocked... and get this... she prayed out loud for me to get that baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment