This is Dad, relaxing on the boat.
My two handsome boys :)
Father's Day came and left so quickly!!
Saturday, we went to the lake with my parents and enjoyed being on/by the water and just hanging out. It was nice to be able to spend some time with my parents as well. My dad is an amazing water skier. He claims he is too old, haha, but he sure can move on his slalom ski! I remember when he taught me to water ski growing up. He would put me on his lap (literally) while he was skiing. I would rap my legs around his since I was too small to reach his feet. I couldn't have been much older than 5 or 6. Then I learned to ski on my own. We never got to go enough that I got to be really good. I learned the basics of getting up and falling down :) But nonetheless, I have great memories with my dad and the water. It was nice to be able to spend time with him for Father's Day weekend! I love him so much and I treasure those times with him!
As for Ryan and his FIRST ever father's day, Tristan and I went into the bedroom while Ryan was still sleeping to wake him up. We weren't trying to be mean, but he had to get up for church anyways. We sang a nice little made up Father's Day song, and Tristan handed Ryan a card from him. Then we gave him his gifts and it was on to church! Tristan and I basically missed the church service. We got to walk outside and look at cows and bugs and everything but sit inside and listen to the message. This was the only time he ever fussed like this during church. He was hungry and I couldn't get the formula (powder) to come out of the bottle. It was a mess. After church we went to Ruby Tuesday's to celebrate Father's Day with Paul. We had a nice leisurly lunch and then home we went.
Happy Father's Day Ryan, Dad, Paul and Bob! We love you all so much!
We had a nice day hanging around the house on Sunday and being low key.
No comments:
Post a Comment